Summer might arguably be our favorite time of year. Watching the kids play and remembering our own carefree youth on hot summer nights playing with neighborhood kids until (and often after) nightfall. Make the most out of this season with some fresh ideas for herb planting and gardening in Boise, Idaho that will turn your summer into a flavorful memory-making year.
Herbs and Gardening in Boise: Summertime Inspiration
Here is our essential summer herbs list from which to draw inspiration. Plant indoor or outdoor and add or subtract to this list based on your own aromatic preferences, it’s all about gardening in Boise Idaho!
Basil, Mint, Chives, Parsley, Cilantro, Dill, Chervil are all high on our list of summer herbs here in Boise. We hope you find inspiration to play chef, hostess or even alchemist this summer! Your friends and family will thank you!
Watermelon, Mint And Basil Salad
Similar to the concept of a Caprese Salad, this summer delight will tickle your taste buds.
- Herb Highlights + More: mint leaves, basil leaves, red onion, Cojita, mozzarella or feta cheese.
This summery soup takes the idea of gazpacho and turns it on its sweet and yet tangy head. You’ll be hooked in just one bite. It’s remarkable!
- Herb Highlights + More: coconut milk, basil, and limes.
Refreshing Mint Sun Tea, Served Over Ice
This one is so easy. Just put out a pitcher of filtered water, mint leaves and tea bags in direct sunlight for 4-5 hours. Refrigerate or pour over ice. Optional: Add agave syrup or raw sugar to sweeten. Perfect for sipping on the front porch swing…
Dill-Crusted Salmon With Herb Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Mmmm, healthy, juicy and delicious.
- Herb Highlights + More: crusty bread, chopped chervil, chopped dill, Greek yogurt and lemon zest.
Herb Couscous and Asparagus Salad
Crunchy, tangy, satisfying. Summer isn’t summer without asparagus or this dish. Also, for a gluten-free version, swap out the couscous with quinoa.
- Herb Highlights + More: chopped parsley, goat cheese, fresh lemon juice, and chives.
Herb Butter for Corn on the Cob or Whatever!
You won’t believe it’s just butter! Well, butter plus a bounty of herbs…
- Herb Highlights + More: parsley, lemon juice, chopped basil, chopped mint, finely chopped shallot and finely chopped chives.