Ready to get creative with your Halloween treats this year? We’ve got you covered, with the help of cooking expert and YouTube star Rosanna Pansino! She’s formulated some festive and yummy treats for you to share with your Halloween party guests or trick-or-treaters. When they chant, “Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat,” they won’t leave disappointed!
Here are some highlights from Rosanna’s YouTube video, “DIY Halloween Treats”:
Chocolate Covered “Pumpkin” Pretzels
The first recipe Rosanna shares is that of chocolate covered pumpkin pretzels.
- Orange melting chocolates
- Bag of mini-pretzels
- Green M&M’s
- Squeeze bottle
To start, melt the melting chocolates in a bowl, and pour half of it into a squeeze bottle. Then submerge each pretzel in the bowl of chocolate, using a fork to let the excess chocolate drip off (as shown above). Place onto a tray lined with wax paper and squeeze chocolate into the pretzel’s holes. Lastly, put a green M&M at the top of each pretzel to complete the “pumpkin” look.
Rosanna also demonstrates how to make this Halloween themed chip-dip that she likes to call “Frank-O-Mole”.
- 3 avocados
- 1 bag of blue chips
- Sour cream
- 1 Red onion
- 3 limes
- 4 garlic cloves
- Black olives
This dip can be made by hand or with a food processor.
- Add the cloves, 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice, and 1/4 cup of chopped red onions. Mix them together.
- Slice up the avocados and add them to the mixture. Mix until you get your desired texture.
- Place guacamole on a plate in the shape of a rectangle. Use sour cream and olives to create Frank-O-Mole’s eyes, mouth, nose, and ears.
- Stack blue chips at the top of the plate to create the appearance of hair.
To see Rosanna put together these DIY Halloween treats, along with 2 other delicious and festive recipes, check out the full video below!